It’s taken about a week and a half of constant work, but the images are now resized. We’ve cut down on storage size considerably and hopefully won’t have any more trouble for years.
Of course, there might be lingering problems. It doesn’t help that WordPress chose to wheel in their new “blocks” system during the upgrade. I took advantage of the timing to convert most posts, but they introduced a handful of problems in the process. I’ve done a pass of the archives and have fixed most of the problems, but there are a lot of pages and it’s possible I missed some.
If you happen to be browsing the archive over the next few days, and see missing images, repeat images, or images that aren’t following the intended left-right-left pattern on desktop, please leave a comment on this post so that I can correct them!
Thanks again for the patience. Back to regular business from here!